Technical Application Manager
Wavin is an innovative solution provider for the building and infrastructure industry globally. With over 60 years’ of expertise, we aim to solve global challenges in water supply, sanitation, climate-resilient cities and building performance. We are committed to building healthy, sustainable environments. Wavin is headquartered in the Netherlands, and has presence in over 25 countries.
Wavin is currently looking for a Technical Application Manager to join our team in Zwolle, the Netherlands, at the EMEA Headquarters. If you want to make a difference and work for a purpose-led company, please read on and learn how you can help our changing world.
Reporting to the Business Application Manager, the Technical Application Manager (TAM) will be part of the Business Application Management Team, responsible for operational excellence and business value creation in an international manufacturing environment. The Technical Application Manager will be a trusted advisor between technical and functional teams, responsible to manage hosting partners and owning the SAP TAM roadmap in close alignment with architectural guidelines.
- Technically managing the diverse SAP landscapes (ECC, APO, SM, IBP, BO, BW on HANA, HCP, PO, MDG, Open Text Suite on Azure, etc) and interfaced systems from both an operational and innovative perspective.
- Ensure robust business application availability and performance
- Proactively collaborate and communicate with IT and business stakeholders
- Fuel business strategy changes and SAP functional roadmaps into TAM roadmap initiatives
- Identify and manage SAP Landscape Technical improvements and harmonization initiatives
- Proactively drive the TAM automation roadmap with vendors
- Coordinate between Business Application team and Infrastructure and Network Teams
- Manage technical life cycle of business applications
- Manage hosting partners and external off-shore TAM team to ensure best-in-class TAM services
- Be up-to-date on technology and industry trends
- Support digital transformation roadmap from a technical perspective
- Manage and steer execution of technical improvement projects and initiatives
- Bachelor’s or academic degree
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience within an international business environment
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant SAP Basis consultancy experience
- Minimum of 5 years relevant technical manager role in an SAP environment
- Experience in infrastructure and network topics, and MS Azure Cloud platform
- Experience in Agile, Scrum and Lean – Six Sigma work methods
- Experience in large business transformation, across business areas, countries and cultures
- Strong knowledge on technology in a manufacturing international environment
- Excellent communications skills in English, both verbally as well as in writing
- Capabilities to build trustworthy relationships
- Self-starter with the ability to lead offshore teams, to perform project management tasks, mobilize business partners, analyze requirements, push back when required and deliver results
- Willingness to travel (10-20%)
Wavin understands and celebrates diversity with over 12.000 employees in over 40 countries. We provide a collaborative and supportive culture in where we encourage all our employees to develop their talent. In addition to working with an enthusiastic, professional team in an international environment, we offer a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Wavin is part of Orbia, a community of companies bound together by a shared purpose: to advance life around the world. With over 22.000 employees worldwide, Orbia is committed to contribute to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, by bringing resources, cultures, and ideas together to promote sustainability and regenerative practices.
If you have questions or you want to know more about the position, please contact Marloes Nijland (HR Business Partner) via +31 6 21172039. To apply, please visit the LinkedIn posting or e-mail your cover letter and English CV to Marloes.Nijland@wavin.com.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated and unsolicited applications from third parties will not be accepted.