25 November 2020
Wavin Supports India’s Sustainable Future Goals with New Sanitation and Clean Water Supply Solutions
As India looks to become a global manufacturing hub and a USD 5 trillion economy by 2025, infrastructure including health and sanitation plays an integral role in achieving this.
INDIA, 25th November 2020 - As India looks to become a global manufacturing hub and a USD 5 trillion economy by 2025, infrastructure including health and sanitation plays an integral role in achieving this. Today, there are estimated 88 million people in India that lack access to safe drinking water and 910 million people with insufficient access to improved sanitation. The ongoing pandemic has exacerbated this situation and accelerated the need for efficient public hygiene systems, sanitization and clean and water supply, making sustainable development the need of the hour. To empower India to build hygienic and sustainable environments and infrastructure, a critical component to economic recovery, Wavin, the world-leading water management solutions provider for the building and infrastructure industry, announces the launch of a new suite of innovative pipe and fittings solutions to mark its return to India.
With technology and innovation at its core, Wavin’s range of robust and reliable solutions including piping and fittings, indoor climate, water & gas supply pipes & rainwater management are based on a ‘Let’s build long-lasting cities’ approach that advances a healthier, better and sustainable environment built for future generations. As India walks on the path of economic recovery from the pandemic, effective tools that equip the country with clean and safe drinking water and efficient sewer infrastructure for safe and sustainable development are essential.
Wavin has a long-standing association with India of close to 60 years. Its return to India, with offices in Mumbai, Delhi and Bengaluru, and other markets in the region such as China and Indonesia marks its continued expansion in serving their infrastructural and environmental needs. In India, Wavin is committed to investing in the growth of the industry and hiring local talent for its workforce, as well as bringing new innovations tailored to the market.
“At Wavin, we are committed to facilitating clean and safe water supplies and better sanitation and hygiene which are paramount in India as it recovers from the pandemic. We continuously work towards transforming cities to be future-proof, and buildings to be comfortable, clean, safe and energy-efficient with our technology enabled, innovative and reliable solutions that address sustainability,” said Mr. Freek Crum, President, Wavin APAC. “We look forward to collaborating with all stakeholders, from the public and private sectors to local communities to bring about positive changes in our environment.”
Recognizing that cost-efficient, quality and safety are key pillars for India’s sustainable development, Wavin is introducing a range of specialized solutions to the market in 2020, including:
Safe and efficient drinking water supply and sanitation systems:
In Wavin, we care about the quality of drinking water, it is the most precious of all our natural resources. Wavin’s extensive range of pipe systems sets the highest standards for safety and hygiene.
- Wavin PVC/CPVC/SWR: Wavin offers multi-layered as well as traditional single layer PVC / CPVC/SWR pipes & fittings. Locally manufactured, this wide range of PVC/CPVC/SWR pipes and fittings offers high reliability for applications from drinking water (hot and cold) to efficiently transport sewage: domestic, industrial waste, rainwater and ventilation. Wavin’s pipes and fittings are manufactured in accordance with the strictest quality standards. It is fully compliant to governing standards without any compromises application wise.
- Wavin Hep2O push fit PB system: Hep2O is the professional polybutylene (PB) push-fit plumbing system for hot and cold water and central heating. It offers a fully comprehensive range of white fittings and unique features designed to reduce installation time and improve operating performance.
- Wavin Tigris K5/M5: Another Wavin “World’s First” in the industry – setting new standards as the first industry leader to introduce multilayer pipe fittings with an Acoustic Leak Alert – an integrated leak detection system that helps easily trace leaks in pipe systems.
Noise reducing drainage systems:
Noise from water flowing down drainage pipes can be a real nuisance, especially in hotels, apartment blocks and hospitals. That noise can be dampened by installing special low-noise pipe systems.
- Wavin AS+: Wavin offers the world’s best-performing low noise soil and waste systems. For over 30 years, Wavin AS has been the first choice for architects and building system designers. Now, Wavin AS+ offers even greater noise reduction and faster installation time. Due to its innovative, sculptured spigot and self-lubricated blue seal, Wavin AS+ is not just super quiet, but super fast and easy to install.
- Wavin SiTech+: Offers optimal sound absorption through triple layer pipes, making it ideal for multi-storey facilities particularly sensitive to noise like hotels, offices, hospitals, elderly homes and libraries. With 20% more weight, SiTech+ is a game-changer setting new market standards. More weight also means less noise and increased robustness.
Wavin is an innovative solution provider for the building and infrastructure industry across multiple continents. Backed up by more than 60 years of expertise, the company is geared up to tackle some of the world’s biggest challenges in safe and efficient water supply, sanitation and hygiene, climate-resilient cities and better building performance. At Wavin, we focus on creating positive change in the world and our passion is building healthy, sustainable environments. We engage and collaborate with city leaders, engineers, contractors, and installers to help make cities future-proof and buildings comfortable and energy-efficient. Wavin is part of Orbia, a community of companies bound together by a shared purpose: to advance life around the world. Wavin has 11,500+ employees in over 40 countries worldwide. To learn more about us, visit wavin.com.
For media inquiries, please contact:
DOWNLOAD PRESS RELEASE
Share this page
Talk to us
Talk to usCall us or send us an email