Wavin Osma UltraRib
What is Foul water drainage and Surface water drainage?
is the system of pipework that carries waste water away from a bathroom, kitchen or utility room. For all properties connected to mains drainage, foul sewers will eventually transfer the contents of the drainage system to a local sewage treatment plant.
Surface water drainage
occurs when rainwater falls on a property and drains away. Surface Water Drains are used to carry away rainwater from gutters, patios & driveways, roads and sports fields. The rainwater, which is not contaminated and hence is not harmful, will be transported to a stream, a river or a soakaway.
Wavin Osma UltraRib - Corrugated pipe
Wavin Osma UltraRib systems are designed for use in gravity drainage and sewerage installations at depths of up to 10 metres. Osma UltraRib is a fully socketed system of pipe and fittings which combines secure jointing with ease of installation.
Corrugated pipe is a flexible material, built with alternating ridges and grooves. It is used in drains where flexibility, durability and strength are important. UltraRib pipe has a smooth inner surface and externally has a repeating pattern of concentric ribs which gives the pipe its exceptional axial rigidity and enhanced radial strength.
Osma UltraRib has been designed and manufactured to exceed all required industry standards for PVC-U systems, OSMA UltraRib has provided foul and surface water solutions that have been relied upon for over 30 years.
Unique ribbed design for exceptional axial rigidity and radial strength.
The UK’s only single walled ribbed system.
Tried, tested and trusted for over
Ability to tolerate all necessary maintenance activity.
Easily installed, leak-tight.
Over 30 years of use:
A system that is tried and tested.
With closer tolerances to reduce leakages and blockages.
Health & Safety:
Safe site and trench handling.
Socketed fittings with no pipe
Quick and easy to install.
To tolerate ground movement more readily without failure.
Unique joint design:
No ring displacement, secure joints every time.
For improved hydraulic performance.
Osma UltraRib pipes
- Available in 150, 225 and 300mm diameters.
- Stiffness class SDR34 (SN8).
- Available in 3m and 6m lengths, either in plain ended or socketed
(300mm available in 3m lengths only).
Osma UltraRib chambers
- Range of 450/500/600mm diameter Inspection Chambers.
- Lightweight - no lifting equipment required.
- Fast, easy installation - no wet trades.
- Shafts can be easily cut to required depth on site.
For a new multi-million pound Travis Perkins Regional Distribution Centre in Coventry, the main contractor required versatile below ground drainage solutions which offered proven performance and ease of installation. Wavin met their requirements by supplying more with 1700 linear metres of stormwater and foul drainage solutions.
Read case study Download case study
- Pipe - Kitemarked to BS EN 13476-3.
- Pipe - Water Industry Specification WIS 4-35-01.
- Fittings - Covered by British Board of Agrément Certificates.
- Chambers - To either BS EN 13598 Parts 1 or 2.
- Fully approved to BS EN 13476-3 and WIS 4-35-01.
- BBA approved fittings.
- Approved by Water Companies.
- Meets requirements of Sewers for Adoption 6th, 6a & 7th editions.