Vacancy Sustainability Program Manager Wavin EMEA
Great opportunity for a passionate sustainability professional with a strong background in circularity.
Location Zwolle, Netherlands
As Wavin EMEA’s Sustainability Program Manager you support the Wavin EMEA Management Board & the Global Sustainability Director in developing and implementing the sustainability strategy and its projects. Given the importance of circularity to our business you will focus a significant part of your time and efforts in defining and driving circularity projects embedded in our sustainability strategy.
You will work together with the commercial discipline so that they become a strong advocate for circular products to our customers. At the same time, you will be working with partners in the value chain on how to design, develop, manufacture and source circular products. The position also includes other tasks such as sustainability reporting, driving environmental footprint conservation projects and Life Cycle Assessments. Collectively, you will work in close alignment & cooperation with key stakeholders, such as sales, marketing, operations and our R&D centre. In summary, you will play a key role in ensuring that our products directly contribute to a more circular economy and climate change resilience of the built environment.
You will be part of a young and dynamic Business Operations & Excellence team, and more specifically the Sustainability team. This international team promotes and improves better standards and performance across all business disciplines such as the Wavin EMEA organisation. On a daily basis, you will interact with operators, senior managers and executives from multiple nationalities within the EMEA region. You will report directly to the Global Sustainability Director and you will be based in Zwolle, The Netherlands.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Support the ongoing embedding of sustainability with a focus on circularity within our business practices EMEA;
- Define Wavin’s vision on circularity and develop and drive associated projects;
- Driving these projects, stepping-in where needed to ensure results are delivered;
- Where possible given the priority of circularity and together with functional disciplines, define, develop & implement policies, projects and practices for reporting, environmental footprint of our operations, sustainable procurement, and so forth;
- Act as an ambassador for the Wavin EMEA organisation; present the Wavin EMEA achievements to internal and external stakeholders in an inspiring way. Create an internal and external branding for sustainability;
- Developing a sustainability network, ensuring that Wavin EMEA has access to the latest developments in Sustainability;
- Support the Global Sustainability with other activities if required.
ProfileSuccessful candidates will typically have the below characteristics:
- Great drive to get things done, persistent, high levels of agility
- Fluent in English, Spanish & Dutch are considered an advantage
- Masters degree in relevant field
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant working experience in relevant business field
- Proven success in leading international projects and teams
- Proven success in leading complex change projects
- Experience in production processes is a plus
- Proven ability in independent and self-driven role
- Eagerness to learn, open to feedback
- Creative, brings in new ideas
- Great change management, communication & influencing skills
- Deep understanding of sustainability topics, especially circularity
- Familiarity with sustainability reporting & reporting systems
- Willingness to travel up to 20 to 30%
Candidates will be informed on Friday August 9th if they will be invited for the first interview on Wednesday August 14th. Second interviews will take place on Thursday 15th of August.
We offer you a challenging and broad position in an international environment. Thanks to the global footprint of our parent Mexichem, you will have the opportunity to work together with colleagues from and Europe and Latin America. You will work in an informal, no-nonsense culture. To support your development, we offer coaching and training programs. Moreover, we offer a complete and attractive compensation and benefit package.
Interested in an international career?
If you have questions or you want to know more about the position, please contact Wilco Otte, Global Sustainability Director via email@example.com. To apply, please follow this link: https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=13915&company=mexichemP&username=
Talk to us...
Talk to us...By phone, email