Vacancy Sustainability Manager EMEA
Great opportunity for a passionate sustainability professional with a strong background in circularity.
Location Zwolle, Netherlands
As EMEA’s Sustainability Manager you support our EMEA Management Board in developing and implementing the sustainability strategy, projects, and other related programs. You will have a pivotal role in ensuring that our products directly contribute to the circular economy and climate change adaption of the built environment. Further, you will create, structure and drive internal environmental footprint projects within our operations so that ultimately we further reduce the environmental impact of our products. Lastly, you will connect with our commercial discipline to ensure that we have a deep understanding of how sustainability impacts our customers. Through this understanding and the commercial programs you develop, you will enable them to lead our customers and industry in general on key sustainability topics.
You will be part of a young and dynamic Business Excellence team that is highly internationally mobile and which raises networks, awareness, standards and performance across all business disciplines and the EMEA organisation. After 2-4 years in this position you will have grown to an industry professional that can positively deliver results across continents and hierarchical levels. On a daily basis, you will interact with operators, senior managers and executives from multiple nationalities within the EMEA region. Further, you will meet and work in close collaboration with the global sustainability director and your sustainability peers from Latin America, and in time North America and Asia. You will report directly to the Head of Business Excellence EMEA and you will be based in Zwolle, The Netherlands. You will have a indirect reporting line to the Global Sustainability Director and can draw support from this person for the alignment with and creation of both global & EMEA programs and plans
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Support the ongoing embedding of sustainability within our strategy and business practices
- Lead and further develop the workstreams under the current sustainability program
- Together with functional disciplines, define, develop & implement policies, programs and practices for circularity, environmental footprint of our operations, sustainable procurement, and so forth
- Coordination of sustainability programs & projects across all disciplines
- Driving these programs, stepping-in where needed to ensure results are delivered
- Supporting environmental footprint improvement efforts at local operating company levels
- Setting-up a systematic approach to continuously reducing our environmental footprint
- Sustainability reporting, both for internal performance analyses and external reports
- Act as an ambassador for the EMEA organisation; present the Wavin EMEA achievements to internal and external stakeholders in an inspiring way. Create an internal branding for sustainability
- Developing a sustainability network, ensuring that Wavin EMEA has access to the latest developments in Sustainability
ProfileSuccessful candidates will typically have the below characteristics:
- Fluent in English
- Masters degree in relevant field
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant working experience in relevant business field
- Proven success in driving international projects and teams
- Proven success in driving complex change projects
- Proven ability in independent and self-driven role
- Eagerness to learn, open to feedback
- Creative, brings in new ideas
- Great drive to get things done, persistent
- Great change management, communication & influencing skills
- Deep understanding of sustainability topics, especially circularity
- Familiarity with sustainability reporting & reporting systems
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
Wavin offersWe offer you a challenging and broad position in an international environment. Thanks to the global footprint of our parent Mexichem, you will have the opportunity to work together with colleagues from North and South America, Africa, Asia and Europe. You will work in an informal, no-nonsense culture. To support your development, we offer coaching and training programs. Moreover, we offer a complete and attractive compensation and benefit package.
Interested in an international career?If you have questions or you want to know more about the position, please contact Bauke Vollebregt, Head of Business Process Excellence via +31 6 20303552 and firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please follow this link.
Talk to us...
Talk to us...By phone, email