Vacancy Senior Product Development Engineer H&C
Do you want to be responsible for product engineering of European product ranges while providing expertise in the full development lifecycle, from product idea to production implementation? Wavin is now looking for a Senior product Development Engineer H&C.
Closing date 7/1/2018
Department Technology & Innovation
One of the strategic pillars within Wavin is Innovation. Wavin T&I is responsible to lead the international innovations by linking market needs with creativity & technical knowledge. In this process
significant effort is put into gathering user insights and developing integral solutions for our customers. The starting point for most of the innovations are thermoplastics, but also other materials are in scope.
Wavin T&I has an open culture, with passionate people and strong drive for results. Our innovations are the result of working in an international environment and multi-disciplinary teams. A strong asset base supports the effective and efficient Product and Process innovation process, e.g. Injection moulding machines, extrusion lines, product testing facilities, material characterization laboratories and a prototype workshop.
Wavin T&I has a good track record with respect to sustainable innovations that impact the building & installation and civils & infrastructure industry. Examples are: Q-Bic®, QBic-Plus®, Hep2O® fittings, Tigris® Hot & Cold fitting range, Tegra® Inspection chambers and Wavin Certaro® products to filter and separate rain water.
In the challenging position of Senior Product Development Engineer, you are responsible for product engineering of European product ranges while providing expertise in the full development lifecycle,
from product idea to production implementation. As Senior Product Development Engineer, you are responsible for the development and engineering of innovative product designs that fulfil the customer needs. You will independently and/or as a team make designs, execute engineering and develop the product(s) till market launch.
You will work intensively in cross-functional and international teams. Regular contacts with customers and suppliers are in scope. The business context will be provided via close cooperation with
multinational commercial teams. In this position you will hierarchically report to the Technology & Development Manager and functionally to the Project leader(s).
Responsibilities and tasks
- Lead Innovation Projects in the field of Product Engineering;
- Design and develop new products based on market needs and customer insights;
- Solving complex design issues in a structured way;
- Active role in product life cycle management;
- Preparation of prototypes & judging product designs;
- Define test protocol and analyse test results;
- Coordinate and interpret mechanical strength (FEM) analyses;
- Supervise and facilitate product and application tests;
- Pro-actively initiate new innovation ideas as starting point for product development projects.
- Functionally coach fellow Product Development Engineers in an inspirational manner.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in product development;
- Proven experience in engineering of injection moulded products;
- Ability to translate customer insights into product solutions;
- Experienced in working with 3D modeling;
- Result orientated team player;
- Creative, independent, entrepreneurial, pro-active;
- Excellent communication skills and able to communicate in English.
- Experience in Project Management as well as experience in the building & installation engineering is an advantage;
- Passion to work in an international and innovative environment;
- Eager to learn and develop;
Wavin Group offers
A challenging and broad position in an international environment. Growth possibilities within Mexichem. You work with an enthusiastic and professional team in an informal, no-nonsense culture.
Moreover a complete and attractive compensation and benefits package.
To learn more about this position, please contact Mr. Marcel Jongedijk, Technology & Development Manager at +31 (0)523 624707. To apply, please email your application letter and CV to Mrs. Judith Ahuis, HR Manager: email@example.com.
Talk to us...
Talk to us...By phone, email