Vacancy Senior Product Development Engineer
Do you want to be responsible for managing the entire lifecycle of innovative European products from inception to manufacture, from design to market launch? Take a look at the vacancy for Senior Product Development Engineer.
Closing date 8/1/2018
Department Technology & Innovation
Our drive for innovationWith a strong focus on excellence, through pioneering innovations, sustainable technologies and unsurpassed technical knowledge, Wavin Technology & Innovation (T&I) strives to address crucialsocietal challenges and vital market needs. Gathering user insights and developing integral solutions for customers, mostly through thermoplastics, Wavin T&I embraces an open, collaborative and innovation culture, tapping into passionate people to support an accelerated growth. Wavin T&I has a solid track record with respect to sustainable innovations that positively impact the Building and Installation (B&I) and Civils and Infrastructure (C&I) industry, earned through renowned solutions such as: Q-Bic®, QBicPlus®, Hep2O® fittings, Tigris® Hot & Cold fitting range, Tegra® Inspection chambers and Wavin Certaro® products to filter and separate rain water.
Your inspiring assignment
As the Senior Product Development Engineer, reporting to the Technology & Development Manager, and functionally to the project leader(s), you are responsible, either independently or by closely
collaborating with cross-functional and commercial teams, for managing the entire lifecycle of innovative European products from inception to manufacture, from design to market launch. By sharing our
ambitions, goals and values, you will greatly contribute to our growth story.
Your wide-ranging role
- Lead innovation projects in the field of product engineering:
o Design and develop new products based on market needs and customer insights
o Solve complex design issues in a structured way o Take on an active role in product life cycle management
o Prepare prototypes and review product designs
o Define test protocol and analyse test results
o Coordinate and interpret mechanical strength (FEM) analyses
o Supervise and facilitate product and application tests.
- Initiate innovation ideas as starting point for product development projects
- Coach fellow product development engineers in an inspirational manner.
Your expert profile
- Bachelor or Master degree in mechanical engineering
- 5 to 10 years of experience in product development
- Proven skills in engineering of injection moulded products
- Ability to translate customer insights into product solutions
- Experienced in working with 3D modeling
- Result orientated team player
- Creative, entrepreneurial, independent, passionate and proactive
- Excellent communication skills including English proficiency
- Experience in Project Management and in building & installation engineering is an advantage.
Our compelling proposition
Talent is at the heart of our way of working, and we aim at creating a dynamic workplace where expertise, ideas and innovation can thrive and prosper. We offer a challenging, exciting position in a collaborative and international environment paired with a comprehensive and attractive compensation and benefits package. Be part of our future growth and count on a fulfilling career!
To learn more about this position, please contact Marcel Jongedijk, Technology & Development Manager at +31 (0)523 624707. To apply, please email your application letter and CV to Judith Ahuis, HR Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Talk to us...
Talk to us...By phone, email