Vacancy Material Expert
Location Dedemsvaart, Netherlands
Department Technology & Innovation
Our drive for innovation
With a strong focus on excellence, through pioneering innovations, sustainable technologies and unsurpassed technical knowledge, Wavin Technology & Innovation (T&I) strives to address crucial
societal challenges and vital market needs. Gathering user insights and developing integral solutions for customers, mostly through thermoplastics, Wavin T&I embraces an open, collaborative and innovation culture, tapping into passionate people to support an accelerated growth. Wavin T&I has a solid track record with respect to sustainable innovations that positively impact the Building and Installation (B&I) and Civils and Infrastructure (C&I) industry, earned through renowned solutions such as: Q-Bic®, QBicPlus®, Street Gully range, Hep2O® fittings, Tigris® Hot & Cold fitting range, Sentio® Indoor Climate Systems, Tegra® Inspection chambers and Wavin Certaro® products to filter and separate rain water. Wavin is excited to be leading developments to make our cities climate proof, such as fool-proof intelligent flooding and rainwater management solutions.
Your inspiring assignment
In this challenging position you will be part of our passionate, enthusiastic and creative innovation team. As the Materials Expert you’re working at the front line of building a sustainable future. Your polymer knowledge will be of paramount importance to drive our innovations and business growth. You will be part of the exiting journey to develop solutions to make our cities and buildings more climate proof with solutions that contribute to a circular economy. You will be responsible to drive material opportunities and create and implement innovative solutions for customer pains and other challenges, based on extensive knowledge of materials in combination with good understanding of business needs. A challenging position to make a difference and ample room to develop yourself.
You will hierarchically report to the Technology & Development Manager of Wavin T&I.
Your wide-ranging role
- Drive material opportunities and create and implement innovative solutions, based on extensive knowledge of materials/material properties in combination with good understanding of business needs;
- Pro-actively support in new product innovation projects in the field of material science;
- Responsible for material selection and associated product performance of projects: according to the objectives of Business Units or other technical feasibilities such as proof of principle;
- Scout, develop and implement new materials & technologies via external cooperation’s, academia, industrial partners, start-ups;
- Develop and utilize insight on trends of relevant materials & technologies and propose new projects or directions (out of box thinker);
- Pro-actively support new product innovation projects in the field of material science;
- Project leader of material related development projects;
- Plan, execute and monitor operational tasks in lab, pilot plant and workshop, set priorities and review the work progress regularly for project members.
Your expert profile
- PhD. in Mechanical Engineering or Physics,
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical and physical properties of (recycled) polymers, fracture mechanics and related test methods;
- 1st or 2nd step in your career;
- Comprehensive knowledge of injection moulding, extrusion and other plastics processing techniques;
- Strong analytical skills, business acumen & entrepreneur;
- Knowledge of translation of market and customer needs into innovative polymer product solutions;
- Proven track record in material know-how and material based innovative solutions preferably in plastic piping industry;
- High level of independence, good team-building skills and a high level of self-motivation;
- Able to lead material related product development projects, incl. team and project managements.
Our compelling proposition
Talent is at the heart of our way of working and we aim at creating a dynamic workplace where expertise, ideas and innovation can thrive and prosper. We offer a challenging, exciting position in a collaborative and international environment paired with a comprehensive and attractive compensation and benefits package. Be part of our future growth and count on a fulfilling career!
To learn more about this position, please contact Marcel Jongedijk, Technology & Development Manager. tel. +31 523 624707. To apply (latest April 5, 2019), please follow this link.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered for this vacancy
Talk to us...
Talk to us...By phone, email