Vacancy Injection Moulding Expert
Are you interested in the design process of new products, the technical know-how with regards to the full injection moulding process periphery? To support the creation of future-proof cities, Wavin Technology & Innovation is looking for an Injection Moulding Expert.
Location Dedemsvaart, Netherlands
Department Technology & Innovation
Our drive for innovation
With a strong focus on excellence, through pioneering innovations, sustainable technologies and unsurpassed technical knowledge, Wavin Technology & Innovation (T&I) strives to address crucial
societal challenges and vital market needs. Gathering user insights and developing integral solutions for customers, mostly through thermoplastics, Wavin T&I embraces an open, collaborative and innovation culture, tapping into passionate people to support an accelerated growth. Wavin T&I has a solid track record with respect to sustainable innovations that positively impact the Building and Installation (B&I) and Civils and Infrastructure (C&I) industry, earned through renowned solutions such as: Q-Bic®, QBicPlus®, Hep2O® fittings, Tigris® Hot & Cold fitting range, Tegra® Inspection chambers and Wavin Certaro® products to filter and separate rain water.
Your inspiring assignment
As the Injection Moulding Expert, reporting to the Technology & Development Manager you are responsible, for support and advice in the field of injection moulding product innovation projects from
design phase until final production. You will supervise the process design of new products, support our product designers on technical know-how with regard to the full injection moulding (IM) process periphery. You also support the project managers on the requirements of the moulds, machines and other tools in relation to the final innovative new products. You guide the project from product design through mould design until transfer to production.
Your wide-ranging role
- Provide moulding expertise, design for manufacturing principles, best in class tooling and scientific moulding principles to support innovation projects;
- You are the technical contact of our suppliers, mould makers and guide the entire process;
- Monitoring the progress of the production and commissioning of moulds is also part of your responsibilities;
- Performing Injection Moulding simulations and the interpretation of results, allowing you to make improvements to the product or mould design;
- Develop and utilize insight on trends in the field of Injection Moulding and propose new projects or directions (out of box thinker);
- Works both independently and/or collectively on projects to meet business goals;
- Liaising with commercial and product development teams as well as customers to identify new areas for business growth through (advanced) injection moulding techniques.
Your expert profile
- At least Bachelor degree in the field of Mechanical Engineering with focus on polymer processing;
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in managing Injection Moulding related projects;
- Proven track record in IM know how and IM technology based innovative solutions;
- High level of independency, good team-building skills and a high level of self-motivation;
- Strong analytical skills, business acumen & entrepreneur;
- Strong problem solving capabilities (incl. structured trouble shooting);
- Knowledge of translation of market and customer needs into innovative IM solutions;
- Fundamentals of plastics material properties, moulding process development, and tooling design;
- Outstanding communication and personal skills;
- You preferably have experience with product development projects;
- You are enthusiastic, convincing and people-oriented;
- Willingness to travel (~ 20-30%) to mould makers and production locations mainly within Europe;
- Fluent verbal & writing skills in English language; good German language skills are an advantage.
Our compelling proposition
Talent is at the heart of our way of working, and we aim at creating a dynamic workplace where expertise, ideas and innovation can thrive and prosper. We offer a challenging, exciting position in a collaborative and international environment paired with a comprehensive and attractive compensation and benefits package. Be part of our future growth and count on a fulfilling career!
To learn more about this position, please contact Marcel Jongedijk, Technology & Development Manager at +31 (0)523 624707.
To apply, please follow this link.
Talk to us...
Talk to us...By phone, email