Vacancy European Product Manager Mechanical Ventilation
Location Netherlands, Zwolle
Closing date 10/1/2018
Department Marketing & Technology
Our drive for innovationThis may be your dream job if you’re someone who likes to combine technical knowledge and business sense to change how people experience indoor climate. You’ll need to be passionate about moving Wavin forward into the new segment of Mechanical Ventilation and unlocking the potentials of the combination with other indoor climate segments. You are inspired by helping installers increase their added value and offering end-users a personal and adaptive comfort while keeping energy consumption low.
Your inspiring assignmentThe role of the European Product Manager Mechanical Ventilation is to further develop the value proposition towards installers and end-users. To facilitate and accelerate sustainable profitable growth and improve the value of the product and services marketed, especially through innovation programs and range extension opportunities. Development and execution of product and marketing strategies, projects and action plans, based upon in depth understanding of the business segment and customer insights. Translate the value of products and market positioning into a strong pricing approach. Support marketinginto translating the offered value into effective communication means. Be a champion of the segment towards Operating Companies and local product managers.
Your wide-ranging role
- Development and execution of product- marketing strategy for the Mechnical Ventilation category which embedded in the Indoor Climate Business Unit strategy. This includes advice on possible
strategic alliances or partnerships with other companies. This is enabled through the creation of strong collaborative networks with Operating Companies (OC’s) for sharing of experiences,
knowledge, (market) data, information and ideas.
- Manage innovation processes (generate new product ideas an assess their commercial value) and ensure market needs, opportunities as well as products development needs are met and coordinated; manage / be part of related steering committees and project teams.
- Product portfolio management: initiate and lead NPD projects as well as managing variety of product ranges through structured phase out processes.
- Build and share market intelligence (understanding of customers, markets, competitors, products and applications). Ensure marketing knowledge and expertise is shared with Marketing & Sales
departments in the OC’s.
- Ensure that the product-market strategy on OC level is transferred into local - and cross border action plans/projects. Facilitate and guide OC’s to secure the achievement of our objectives in terms of market position, growth and profitability through gaining penetration and market share against traditional materials and market leaders and through developing and executing new solutions.
Your expert profile
- Bachelor or Master degree, technical or business related.
- Proven ability (5-10 years) in product management and/or marketing in a technical environment. Additional technical sales experience and project management experience is a plus.
- Familiar with product innovation that requires interaction with both internal and external customers.
- Structured way of working and strong analytical skills in order to be able to define the different options stating opportunities, risks and conditions.
- Proven skills in project management.
- Market driven, technical interest and affinity with design.
- International focus and ability to travel within Europe (~20-30%).
- Fluent in English and ability to work in a cross cultural environment.
- Able to inspire people and stimulate effective working processes.
- Self-starter with hands-on mentality.
Our compelling proposition
Talent is at the heart of our way of working, and we aim at creating a dynamic workplace where expertise, ideas and innovation can thrive and prosper. We offer a challenging, exciting position in a collaborative and international environment paired with a comprehensive and attractive compensation and benefits package. Be part of our future growth and count on a fulfilling career!
To learn more about this position, please contact Jan Elenbaas, Business Unit Director at +31 (0)38 4294286.
Click here to send in your application.
Talk to us...
Talk to us...By phone, email