How it all began
Wavin's story begins in 1950s in Zwolle, the Netherlands. The local water utility found itself battling against serious (iron) pipe corrosion and a significant loss of water. Company founder Johan Keller decided that something needed to be done urgently; he succeeded in producing the world’s first plastic pressure pipes for potable water. The Wavin company was founded to focus solely on plastic pipe production.
The World's First....
Below are Wavin’s first-in-the-world innovations: breakthrough innovations that changed the way installers and contractors work.
- Wavin AS: low-noise system for waste water
- Infiltration units: the answer to a growing demand to handle peaks in rainfall
- Wavin Tigris K1: plastic press-fittings made from high-performance PPSU
- Tegra manholes and inspection chambers: the ideal choice for all public sewer systems
- Wavin TS DOQ: multi-layer PE pipe with outer protection layer
- Wavin Hep2O push-fit: intelligent push-fit technology
- PPr Fiber Basalt pipe: high performance, innovative materials